Students of all ages receive some form of physical education daily and one yoga class per week. The type and duration of physical education is determined on a program-by-program basis. Students learn sports skills; learn about health and nutrition; and participate in cooperative, team-building games.
Yoga instruction is offered weekly to all students. Students engage in movement, balance, stretching, and breathing activities that teach body control, discipline, and calming techniques.
- Elementary Running Club -- Running club meets every Friday morning at 7:30 a.m. Elementary students ages 6 and older are welcome to join, as are their parents. The Running Club participates in the Mt. SAC Cross Country Invitational each year.
- Elementary Bike Club -- Bike club meets every Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. Students ages 8 and older improve their riding skills and learn road safety and bike maintenance.
MIR works with local providers to offer after-school athletics to students ages 3 and older. They require additional registration and fees. Athletics offered include:
- Elementary Dance for Elementary students ages 6-12
- Soccer for Primary students ages 4-6 and Elementary students ages 6-12
- Sportball for Primary students ages 3-6