The Parents and Teachers of Montessori (PTM) has four main functions:
- To increase parent involvement in the school.
- To educate parents on Montessori theory and practice.
- To encourage communication among the school staff, the Board, and parents.
- To nurture a sense of community at Montessori in Redlands.
The PTM does this by sponsoring several events throughout the year, including Camp Montessori, the Halloween and Spring Carnivals, and Family Skate Nights. In addition, the PTM supports Parent Education Nights, the annual Spring Gala & Auction, and the Bluebird Running Club.
- Become a Classroom Representative ("Room Rep"): PTM Room representatives are established each September. Interested parents should talk with their child's teacher.
- Volunteer to help with community events: PTM needs parent volunteers to make community these events successful! Be sure to let your Room Rep know when and how you can assist.
PTM meets monthly for event planning and to encourage communication among the Board of Trustees, staff, and parents. All parents are encouraged to attend. Room representatives attend the meetings and help communicate news to the parents of their classrooms.
2017-2018 PTM Executive Committee
PTM officers are elected every two years. PTM will be electing new officers in Spring 2018, and instructions for nominating a parent for the election will be announced at that time. If you are interested in being an officer, contact a member of the PTM Executive Committee or Jean Bonner-Drinkwine.
- Eleanor Haire, President
- Gabrielle Symmes, Vice Pesident
- Victoria Hobson, Treasurer
- Margaret Ohayon, Secretary
- Jean Bonner-Drinkwine, Staff Liaison