The Spring Gala & Auction is Saturday, March 9, 2019!
There's plenty of room at the table at MIR's Mad Hatter's Ball! Join us on March 9, 6 p.m.-midnight at the Mitten Building for a night of dinner, dancing, and live and silent auctions. This adults-only event makes a great date night.
The Spring Gala is a fun-raiser and fundraiser. Funds raised from the Gala will help MIR enhance its campus to making it more safe, functional, and beautiful for the children.
Buy your tickets now.
Individual tickets (open seating) are $85. A limited number of Patrons Tables (reserved seating) are available for $400 for a table of four and $1,000 for a table of 10. The deadline to buy tickets is Friday, February 22 by 1 p.m.
We use ReadySetAuction (RSA) to allow you to purchase tickets online and to check out on your mobile device at the end of the auction. You will need to create an RSA account to perform either of these functions.
Create your RSA account by clicking here and following the instructions.
Once you have created your account you will be taken to the auction site menu. Select "Buy Tickets" to purchase individual tickets or "Buy Sponsorship" to purchase a Patrons Table with reserved seating.
MIR is accepting sponsorships and donations for the 2019 auction.
Review our sponsorship packet for full details about sponsor benefits and ad specifications. Your support ensures more of the proceeds from the event goes directly to the goals of the Gala and not the costs.
- If you would like to donate an item for our live or silent auctions, fill out this form or contact Jessica Bailiff in the MIR office.
- If you would like to sponsor the Gala, fill out this form or contact Jessica Bailiff.
- If you would like to advertise in the Gala program book, fill out this form or contact Jessica Bailiff.
Questions and Answers about the Spring Gala
- What will this year's Gala be like? The Gala starts with a silent auction, followed by a delicious dinner served at your table. After dinner, a fast-paced live auction will take place, featuring works of art created by the classrooms. The evening concludes with dancing.
- What should I wear? As this is the "Mad Hatter's Ball" -- dress up or dress in the spirit of the occasion. Over-sized top hats with brilliant colors are encouraged, with prizes given for most elaborate and creative!
- What is the live auction? Every year, the classes create amazing, one-of-a-kind items for the auction. In addition, we will offer experiences such as Principal for a Day and valuable and popular items such as a private parking spot for a year or up to 8 reserved seats at Holiday Sing. The live auction will be hosted by a professional auctioneer. Bidding is fast and items often sell for $1,000-$5,000 or more.
- What is the silent auction? Local and national businesses donate a bevy of products and experiences for which guests can compete “silently” via bid sheets. The silent auction closes when dinner is served.
- I don't have a lot of money to bid or sponsor the Gala. How else can I support it? Volunteer your time. It takes a team to make the Gala happen. We are always in need of volunteers (and ever so grateful for the help!), even if you only have a little time to spare. Contact Jessica Bailiff to find out how you can help.