The Spring Gala & Auction is Saturday, April 4, 2020.
You're invited to the 90's Flashback Bash! Join us on April 4, 2020, 6 p.m.-midnight at the Mitten Building for a night of dinner, dancing, and live and silent auctions. This adults-only event is all that and a bag of chips, and makes a great date night!
The Spring Gala is a fun-raiser and fundraiser. Funds raised from the Gala will help MIR enhance its campus to making it more safe, functional, and beautiful for the children. Last year's Gala raised almost $90,000 for the campus.
MIR is accepting sponsorships and donations for the 2020 auction.
Review our sponsorship packet for full details about sponsor benefits and ad specifications. Your support ensures more of the proceeds from the event goes directly to the goals of the Gala and not the costs.
- If you would like to donate an item for our live or silent auctions, fill out this form or contact Jessica Bailiff in the MIR office.
- If you would like to sponsor the Gala, fill out this form or contact Jessica Bailiff.
- If you would like to advertise in the Gala program book, fill out this form or contact Jessica Bailiff.
What's the 411? Questions and Answers about the Spring Gala
- What happens at the Gala? The Gala starts with a silent auction, followed by a delicious dinner served at your table. After dinner, a fast-paced live auction will take place, featuring works of art created by the classrooms. The evening concludes with dancing.
- What should I wear? Dress up or dress in the spirit of the occasion. Fly outfits are encouraged, with prizes given for most creative "90s" interpretation!
- What is the live auction? Every year, the classes create amazing, one-of-a-kind items for the auction. In addition, we will offer experiences such as Principal for a Day and valuable and popular items such as a private parking spot for a year or up to 8 reserved seats at Holiday Sing. The live auction will be hosted by a professional auctioneer. Bidding is fast and items often sell for $1,000-$5,000 or more.
- What is the silent auction? Local and national businesses donate a variety of products and experiences for which guests can compete “silently” via bid sheets. The silent auction closes when dinner is served.
- I don't have a lot of money to bid or sponsor the Gala. How else can I support it? Volunteer your time. It takes a team to make the Gala happen. We are always in need of volunteers (and ever so grateful for the help!), even if you only have a little time to spare. Contact Jessica Bailiff to find out how you can help.
Thank you to the sponsors of the 2019 Gala.
MIR wishes to thank the following sponsors who helped ensure more of the funds raised are used for the goals of the Gala, rather than Gala expenses:
Platinum sponsors: Parents and Teachers of Montessori (PTM), The Reader Magazine, Queen Bean Caffe, Sandra Rice - Elite Realty, Sonrisas Dental Studio
Gold sponsors: Hilary Peters Photography, ICON Vehicle Dynamics