The Spring Gala is Saturday, April 7!
The deadline to buy tickets has passed. If you would like tickets, or if you are interested in sponsoring the Gala, please contact the MIR office at 909-793-6989.
Join us for dinner, dancing, and live and silent auctions at the MIR 20th Spring Gala & Auction on April 7, 2018 at 6 p.m. in the Mitten Building in Redlands. This adults-only event is a great date night!
The Spring Gala is a fun-raiser and fundraiser. Funds raised from the Gala will help MIR relaunch its First Contact program to provide support services to children under 5 who need them, at minimal cost to families.
The Gala starts with a lively silent auction, followed by a delicious dinner served at your table. After dinner, a fast and fabulous live auction will take place, featuring works of art created by the classrooms. The evening concludes with fun on the dance floor.
- To donate an item for the auction, fill out this form.
- To donate a gift or talent for the auction, fill out this form.
- To sponsor the Gala or advertise in the program book, fill out this form. Review the sponsor packet [PDF] for full details on promotional benefits and advertisement specifications.
About First Contact
First Contact, first launched in 2008 at MIR with a grant from First 5 San Bernardino, tracked children's development throughout the Toddler and Primary programs and progress in meeting physical and cognitive milestones. The first five years are considered the most crucial in identifying and providing services if needed. MIR wants to make these services as low cost as possible for parents in this critical age group to ensure students get the services they need.
There are many ways MIR families can support the event and its fundraising goals.
- Attend and bid. Live auction items are beautiful, one-of-a-kind treasures created by the students and teachers of MIR. Our silent auction comprises dozens of baskets of goods, certificates for services, and tickets to entertainment venues.
- Donate to the auctions. We are seeking donations of goods and services. Click on the link above to tell us about your item, or contact Jill Huff with questions.
- Sponsor the event. Sponsorship levels range from $125–$1,000 and include many promotional benefits. If you want to support the fundraising goals of the event but are not able to attend or are not sure you’ll bid, this is a great way to do so.
- Volunteer your time. It takes a team to make the Gala happen. We are always in need of volunteers (and ever so grateful for the help!). We need help with everything from soliciting donations and putting together baskets to staging the event. Contact Jill Huff to help.