As parents, we want our children to help willingly, to be kind to others, and to be unselfish in sharing their things. MIR asks parents to model that same spirit by
- Assisting in the classroom
- Volunteering as a PTM room representative
- Supporting PTM and student events and fundraising as appropriate
- Donating to the MIR Fund
Donations to MIR are used for:
- Student financial assistance
- Faculty training and development
- Improvements to the campus
Fundraising at MIR
MIR was founded on a legacy of generosity, and sustained by the gifts of time, talent, and resources of generations of families and community members.
In 1976, Leon and Margie Armantrout, along with a handful of other parents, had a vision to create a Montessori school in Redlands. They raised $10,000 to finance the first classroom by selling a treasured classic car and through a donation from Margie's aunt. Since then, countless families, friends, and community members have continued that legacy to ensure the quality and viability of the school for generations.