MIR provides a Montessori education based on the principles and practices of the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI). Montessori classrooms are specially prepared environments, with specifically designed manipulatives in many curricular areas, designed to meet the needs of children at their stage of development. If you would like to schedule an observation, please complete the form below and you will be contacted for an appointment. Observations are for parents/guardians only.
We appreciate your interest in MIR and look forward to meeting with you.
At MIR, we enroll students year-round depending on space. Admissions are based on a balance of available spaces for each age and program level as well as the child's readiness for the level of independence required in a Montessori classroom.
Admission preference is given in the following order:
- Children currently enrolled at MIR.
- Siblings of current students, if they are registered during the re-enrollment month (February) and the older child is completing or on track to complete the full three-year cycle of their program.
- Children with a minimum of one full school year of previous Montessori experience.
- New applicants.
1. Schedule an observation.
The observation takes 1.5-2 hours and includes
- Touring the school.
- Observing the learning environment for your child’s age.
- Meeting with the Assistant Head of School.
Observations are required for all age groups, and both parents are required to attend. A child cannot be admitted before both parents have completed an observation. (A second parent is not required to attend if the child has only one parent or guardian.)
2. Submit an application.
After the observation, you may complete an application and pay the application fee of $500. Most of our classrooms are at full capacity. Submitting an application ensures a spot in our wait pool.
Please do not submit an application until you have been invited to do so. We will not be able to process it.
The link to apply for the 2019-20 school year will be available beginning April 22, 2019 at 8 a.m.
MIR will contact you when space opens for your child. Please notify MIR of any changes to your contact information to ensure that we can reach you.
Once you confirm acceptance, you are obligated to take the space and continue with the admissions process.
- If you choose to delay the start date, you may forfeit the application fee and available space.
- If space is not available by April of the current school year, you will have the option to request a refund of the application fee or remain in the wait pool for the following school year.
When your child is admitted, you will be sent a personalized link to our online Enrollment Contract for completion. You must:
- Complete all forms.
- Agree to adhere to the terms of the enrollment contract and the policies in the Parent Handbook & Survival Guide.
- Pay all applicable enrollment fees.
5. Parent and student meetings.
When your enrollment is complete, you will meet with school administration and your child's teacher for an orientation and interview. Depending on the age of your child, we may also require visiting days.
Prior to the meetings, you will receive a new student licensing packet for completion from the admissions office. This packet must be completed and returned to the admissions office before your child's first day of school.
If you have a child currently enrolled at MIR, you will need to follow the full admissions process before enrolling siblings. Once you have completed an observation, siblings can be registered during the early re-enrollment month (February) for a discounted application fee. Applying during the re-enrollment month does not guarantee a space for the sibling. Siblings are given priority consideration for enrollment.