Our purpose is to provide a joyful Montessori education in a manner that respects and embraces the whole child.
MIR employs AMI-trained Montessori teachers as well as classroom assistants, administrative staff, special education specialists, curricular specialists, and more. MIR is financially stable, with full enrollments and a welcoming culture that leads to low staff turnover. A majority of our staff have been at the school for more than 10 years, and many of our teachers have been here 20-30 years or more.
MIR is Hiring!
We are looking for the following positions for the 2019-2020 academic year, beginning in mid-August.
To be considered for any of the following positions, please email your cover letter, résumé, and copy of your transcript (does not need to be official) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position(s) you are applying for. Please note: your transcript must be received to be considered for any position.
Position requirements: 12 "core units" of Early Childhood Education is required.
- Child Growth and Development
- Child, Family, and Community
- Any toddler course (if applying for the Toddler Classroom Assistant or Floater Classroom Substitute)
- Any ECE class to round out 12 units
- Toddler Classroom Assistant - 1 full-time position open with the hours of 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- Floater Classroom Substitute - 2 full-time positions open with the hours of 9:00 am to 6:00 pm or 9 am to 5 pm.
Montessori in Redlands is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In our work with the children and each other, we embody the values of Safety, Empathy, Transparency, and Joy:
- Safety: Support, to the best of our ability, the physical and psychical safety of each person.
- Empathy: Work to understand and respect each other's feelings.
- Transparency: Be open and consistent in our actions and words so that there are no surprises for others.
- Joy: Reflect our sense of gratefulness, contentment, and happiness.
MIR offers great benefits for full-time employees, including
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. MIR pays the monthly medical and dental premium for the employee.
- 403(b) and contribution matching
- Paid time off
- FSA - Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition discount
- Life insurance and more
MIR is located in Redlands, a city of 70,000 with a deep, rich history and an active local community. The city offers a strong economy and good employment opportunities for family members thanks to diverse local employers. Just 60 miles east of Los Angeles, Redlands is close to all Southern California has to offer, but far enough to retain its small town charm.
Working in a Montessori School
A Montessori classroom is not teacher-focused, with teacher as Commander of the Classroom, but child-focused. The interactions among students and staff are respectful and informal. Children learn self-discipline at an early age and are expected to be in control of themselves.
If you are unfamiliar with a Montessori environment, you will be amazed at what the children can do and accomplish at any age when given freedom with responsibility, and you'll enjoy working with them every day.
If you are interested in training to become a Montessori teacher, MIR encourages you look into these resources:
- Montessori Institute of San Diego (MISD) - many of MIR's Toddler and Primary teachers have been trained here.
- Montessori Northwest (MNW) - many of MIR's Elementary teachers have been trained here.
Both centers offer training for ages 0-3 years ("Assistants to Infancy" or "A-to-I"), ages 3-6 years ("Primary" or "Children's House"), and ages 6-12 (Elementary). Both grant the AMI International Diploma to graduates, which allows the holder to teach in Montessori schools anywhere in the world.
Visit the AMI website to find training centers at other locations.